Sentry Insurance, founded in 1904, is a mutual insurance company located in Stevens Point, Wisconsin. It was founded by members of the Wisconsin Retail Hardware Association to provide insurance for its members and was originally called Hardware Mutual. Today it offers life, group health, auto, and other property/casualty lines. Sentry's property and casualty companies are rated A+ by A. M. Best.
Sentry's logo is the "Minuteman Statue," a sculpture of Capt. John Parker, located in Lexington, Massachusetts. The company website states that the statue "represents the commitment that Sentry has honored since 1904: Strength, Protection and Vigilance." As of 2006, Sentry has assets of $9.35 billion and a policyholder surplus of $2.5 billion.
The Sentry Insurance Group Includes:
- Sentry Insurance a Mutual Company
- Sentry Life Insurance Company
- Sentry Life Insurance Company of New York
- Sentry Equity Services, Inc.
- Sentry Select Insurance Company
- Sentry Casualty Company
- Sentry Lloyds of Texas
- Dairyland Insurance Company
- Dairyland County Mutual Insurance Company of Texas
- Middlesex Insurance Company
- Patriot General Insurance Company
- Parker Services, L.L.C.
- Parker Centennial Assurance Company
- Peak Property and Casualty Insurance Corp.
- Viking County Mutual Insurance Company
- Viking Insurance Company of Wisconsin