The Parti social démocratique du Québec (PSD) was the Quebec wing of the Cooperative Commonwealth Federation. It was founded in 1939 as the Fédération du Commonwealth Coopératif and was led by Thérèse Casgrain from 1951 to 1957 and by Michel Chartrand from 1957 to 1960. The name Parti social démocratique was adopted in 1955.
General election resultsEdit
|General election||# of candidates||# of seats won||% of popular vote|
- A candidate ran as "CCF candidate" in the 1936 Quebec general election, although the Quebec section of the party wasn't officially founded at this time.
Members of Legislative Assembly of QuebecEdit
David Côté, MLA 1944-1948, Rouyn-Noranda
- Politics of Quebec
- List of Quebec general elections
- List of Quebec premiers
- List of Quebec leaders of the Opposition
- National Assembly of Quebec
- Timeline of Quebec history
- Political parties in Quebec